Very straight forward to use a tube based amplifier. I ran an AL80A for a year with the K3 before I took the expensive leap. RF out of the K3 into the amp - out of the amp into a tuner - out of the tuner into the antenna. A PTT line from the K3 to the amp. That is all you need.

Be sure to turn off the K3's internal tuner, if so equipped. Be careful about over driving the 811A tubes. That last statement means _READ THE INSTRUCTIONS_.

500 Watts is 500 Watts, regardless if it comes from some old inexpensive tubes or from a very expensive solid state amp. Don't fall into the 700 Watts trap. The difference of an additional 200 Watts will never be noticed at the receiving end.

Bill W2BLC K-Line