Jeff,

Try measuring the voltage at U2 pin 5 again making certain your probes both
have good contact.

The voltage at U2 pin 5 is determined only by a resistor network - if it is
still quite low, check the voltage on the 8A line - the output of regulator
U4 (upper leg) - it should be 8 volts.

If you have 8 volts at U4, then check and re-check the soldering of Control
Board RP6, R1 and U2, then remeasure.  Remember that the voltage is
determined only by a resistive network (which includes the RF Gain pot),
there are no active components involved, so if the voltages to the resistors
and the connections are proper, you should achieve the correct voltage for
the AGC Threshold.

Be aware that the voltage for the AGC Threshold may not be optimum for your
K2.  After your K2 is fully built, aligned, and everything is working
properly, you can optimize the AGC Threshold so that the AGC does not become
active with no signal into the K2 antenna -  so don't be concerned if the
3.8 volts is near the upper limit, I find that the optimum setting will vary
from a low of 3.65 volts to a high of 3.78 volts.

73,
Don W3FPR