This e-mail may reach you via several routes and/or mailing lists. I
apologize
if you receive multiple copies as I try to reach everyone.

Some of you are aware that a few weeks ago a small cancer was discovered
on the interior wall of my uterus.  Although all the women in my family
going
back several generations have suffered from breast cancer, I though that at
age 75 I'd "made it" OK.

The matter was addressed quickly and I had a complete hysterectomy within
just a few days.  The good news is that my oncologists tell me the small
cancer
had not "escaped" from within the uterus and that I'm "cancer free".

I've had CT scans, X-rays and other tests and the oncologists tell me they
find
no sign of any remaining cancer.  However, they suggest that I have a
series
of chemotherapy treatments as a "preventative" matter.

Rather than receive the treatments on the usual three-week or monthly basis
I've elected to go for treatment once a week.  This means that I receive
smaller
infusions of the drugs each time with less impact on my body.  It's still
debilitating,
however. I've now had four treatments and they will continue for a total of
18.

My treatment is being done at a relatively new cancer center at Community
Hospital in Missoula, about 110 miles from here.  I couldn't ask for better
care.
A treatment takes 3 - 4 hours while in a large recliner chair.  No-cost
snacks
and drinks are provided, and there are free cancer-coping items like wigs
... I'm
starting to lose my hair ... hats, scarves, etc. available, courtesy of the
American
Cancer Society.

All this has severely impacted my sewing on case and cover orders, of
course.
It's looking like I'll be able to sew a couple of days a week, and I'll be
turning out
your orders as quickly as I can.  Your understanding has been heart-warming.
Thank you!

It's been my practice to acknowledge your order(s) and place them in my
queue
and then notify you when I'm about to start your order so you can make
payment.
There -are- several who have went ahead and made payment.  If you want to
confirm that all is well with your order, don't hesitate to inquire.  Ken
will be helping
with the order tracking and correspondence.

If you don't wish to wait for me to fill your order, feel free to
cancel.  FWIW, I -don't-
plan to quit my little business, but if you want to cancel your order, I
will certainly
understand.

73!  Rose - N7HKW
elecraftcov...@gmail.com