at the Rocky Mountain Division Convention in Taos, NM.
Elecraft is without equal in customer service and support.

James Douglass AC0E
On 7/8/2014 8:20 AM, elecraft-requ...@mailman.qth.net wrote:
------------------------------

Message: 14
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2014 23:29:41 -0700
From: Jim Brown<j...@audiosystemsgroup.com>
To:elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3 strange power surging behavior

On 7/7/2014 10:41 PM, Scott Manthe wrote:
>because of this forum, if you have an issue, you might very well find
>yourself asking the person who designed your rig if there's a way to
>fix it.
Not only that, but the two OWNERS of the company read this list every
day, and chime in with advice when needed. I've seen one of them, N6KR,
who's the principal design engineer, work one on one with DX trips to
solve issues, and I've had more than a few one on one engineering
conversations with him at hamfests and online. Heck -- we can't even
correspond with low level flunkies at the JA companies (or Ten Tec), let
alone the guys who own the place! And both owners are active hams, I've
worked both of them on the air.

How about this for support?  There will be a bunch of K3s in the
international WRTC competition in New England next weekend, and Elecraft
is sending at least one of their best engineers (who was a competitor at
WRTC in Russia 4 years ago) to support those radios. I know because he's
my neighbor, K6XX.

I've been an Elecraft owner since 2004, and bought two K3s in 2008. I'm
very pleased with their support. EVERY radio has issues -- with
Elecraft, there are much fewer of them, and you can get them fixed!

73, Jim K9YC