Thank you for all the input.

Antennas are a fun thing to talk about and something every one seams to
enjoy and building their own, like I do.  I had many wires antennas in the
last 46 years.  I am still learning.  One thing I have not done is get a
computer program for my Apple Computer and an antenna analyzer with
software for it. So I do every thing trial and error.

So far I found that the KX3 and KXPA100 internal tuner seams to be as good
or better than the MFJ 989B that I had for many years. there were 2 tuners
that were as good or better than this back in the day. Tuners have not
changed much since then except for the introduction of auto tuners.  I have
a MFJ 998RT that I blew up on 160M with 500 watts MFJ replaced it for free.
 They shipped me a new one and I have not even opened the box.

With that said, I have been searching for that antenna that will tune 160-6
meters and found out on this forum it does not exist.  I never attempted to
do this type of search. I now know why Wayne had stated that in Digest 123
Issue 6 about 3rd harmonics on the same coax. Jim Borwn comments are words
of wisdom to stand by.

I try to stay away from baluns as much as possible. Hairpin matches seams
to be the best route, and I had proved that with tests on and spots on RBN.

I have to go to work now and will be gone for a couple of days and I know I
can add more to this. Took me a while to go through all the comments, and I
had forgotten some of them. so my apologies for not mentioning them.

Thank you for all your help.

--
Jim K9TF