Hello all,

I noticed right before FD that my K3 front microphone jack is loose. I'm aware of the "washer" problem but think that was in earlier K3s. My K3 is ~ S/N 5400.

So, two questions:

1) How difficult is it to get to the mounting nut to tighten? Is this a 1/2 hour job or are we talking about setting aside a couple of hours? Any helpful hints?

2) Any hints on how to prevent this from happening in the future? Lock-tite?? Is there a recommended torque spec the factory uses?

I rarely operate phone and when I do I usually use the rear jacks. But I'd still like to get this fixed.

Gary K9GS

Check out K9NS on the web:  http://www.k9ns.com
Greater Milwaukee DX Association: http://www.gmdxa.org
Society of Midwest Contesters: http://www.w9smc.com