While I have a 5 Amp-hr Lithium Ion battery and use it, and also high-capacity Eneloops inside my KX3 (with the battery charger option) my preferred approach is to use ten external Eneloops in a battery holder made to hold ten AA cells, this sort of thing:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AZTUI7Q/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That way I have no power limitations, it's easy to recharge the batteries (I have two Maha chargers, one 4 cell and one 8 cell, so I always have the ten needed spares available). Works good with a number of rigs (K1, KX1, etc.)

While the capacity is only 2 A-h or so (vs. 5 or higher with some of the newer, more exotic batteries out there) this works for me -- and the cells can be used for other things like a camera flash gun. And easy to change out the cells to fresh ones.

Phil W7OX