Thanks,  You didn't use a brick?
I expected the K3 to handle 100W as there were no comments that I remember.
With your comments it doesn't matter how the 500W amp would work as I doubt if I would want to run more than 100W, either.

I also have a IC-706 "100W" rig but it will only handle ~40W RTTY.
No, I wouldn't run 100W on JT65. The most I ever used with any rig has been 20W on the ic-706.

steve