More power to you and others who have the patience, equipment and eyesight/hand coordination to work with SMT devices, Bruce. I think what many of us are saying, is that type of construction is not for everyone.

I have a nice Weller soldering station and a variety of tips for it, as well as enough 63/37 solder to last a lifetime. Somehow it fell into my tool pouch from time to time, when I was in the Air Force working on air traffic control radar systems. :-) I'd rather spend my money on other items for the shack, than for the tools necessary to do SMT work.

Maybe if there hadn't been the inference that we weren't "big boys" if we didn't build kits with SMT devices, this thread may have passed, unnoticed.

73 de Jim - AD6CW