Geoffrey,

Your comments pretty well mimic mine I made privately to Kevin as well.
However, I found that I had to increase the mic gain on the K2 slightly by
changing R14 on the SSB module to 10K (from 1k originally) and now my K2 works
great with my Heil headset.  Did yours work as is without the mod?  I've
suggested this mod to others as well and they found that it works well for them
as well.  I can't take credit for the mod itself as I found it here on the
reflector quite some time ago, I just passed along what worked for me.

73,

Mark, NK8Q
K2 4786