Fred:

I wrote a couple of K3 macros to test the technique:

To set all Rx EQ flat:

MN008;SWT53;MN255;

To set the bottom two "bands" down 8 dB:

MN008;SWT53;SWT11;DN;DN;DN;DN;DN;DN;DN;DN;SWT12;DN;DN;DN;DN;DN;DN;DN;DN;MN25
5;

MN008 opens the "Rx EQ" menu.
SWT53 taps "clear" to set all Rx Eq to their midpoint (0).  "clear" is
SWH35; on a KX3.
SWT11 taps 1 for the first frequency "band" (for the K3).  See the SWT/SWH
table in the programmer's reference for keys 1 thru 8 on the K3 and KX3.
Eight VFO "down" commands (DN;)  reduces "band" 1 by 8 dB.
SWT12 taps 2 for the second frequency "band".
Eight VFO "down" commands reduce "band" 2 by 8 dB.

MN255; closes the menu.

I tried a few of the DNn; commands; it seems to decrement just 1 dB per DN
command.  You'll need 16 DN commands for the full range.

Not as pretty as the TE command, but the Rx EQ can be set with commands.

The worst case command length to set all 8 bands to one extreme or another
requires about 250 characters (a bit over twice the maximum command length),
but I doubt that you'd want an Rx EQ of all "bands" at either extreme.

73 de Dick, K6KR