You need to go to the FTDI website and see if they have a Unix driver that
will work for you. The problem with USB drivers is that they get into
things that are down in the hardware muck, and very much dependent on the
OS's particular handling of the hardware layer. Without a Unix driver,
you're hosed, even running Wine.