The Astron SS-30M is a fine power supply with one exception, very loud
fan noise. Most everyone solves the problem by putting an 100 ohm
resistor across the fan thermal switch, which causes the fan to run
all the time, but still noisy at full power. I didn't want mine
running all the time, checked out the specs of the Sunon fan, it sells
for $2.55 at Digikey, and is rated for 12 volts. My power supply is
running at 13.9, almost two volts high for the fan. I inserted a 20
ohm resistor in series out of the thermal switch, fan runs at about 12
volts and is much quieter. I may replace it with one of the Noctua
fans and see if that works better. The Noctua 80mm fan is also rated
at 12 volts so I plan to leave the resistor in place for now. More to
come.
Darryl, KK5IB