"Also, they are very receptive to suggestions for enhancements."

If that is true, that's a pretty significant about-face from N3FJP's previous attitude. I used AC Log for a few years myself and bought all of the contest modules, but any time I suggested areas for improvement (some of them pretty basic shortfalls) the response was always that he didn't see the point. Several other users complained about the same thing, and hardly any serious contester has used his stuff for years.

There are still more powerful logging programs (for both DXing and contesting) out there that are free and well supported as well, but N3FJP's software always had a nice feel to it so hopefully things have indeed changed for those who may be looking for a middle ground.

73,
Dave  AB7E