The tablet sized E Series 20 case seen at the url below should do nicely for
weather protection, w/o adding any appreciable bulk or weight. The KX3 could be
operated while being protected by placing your hand, and operating cables,
through the partially open end. There are other cases like this, and some can
be seen if you have a local REI, in the water sport area. Taking a minimalist
approach, even a large Ziploc freezer bag could be helpful.

http://www.cascadedesigns.com/e-case/eseries/eseries-20/product

73 de Dennis KD7CAC
Scottsdale, AZ