I cannot remember where I read it and I've since deleted the email, but someone asked if VFO B on the KX3 could be tuned faster.

First, I have not found a way to tune it faster other than by making sure VFO tunes in 10 Hz steps.

Second, using Fred Cady's KX3 book and the K3/KX3 programming guide, I was able to program PF1 to "UP 1" in CW and then take the split and sub back out by sequencing my macros:

CWSPLT: MD3;SWT25;SWT25;FT1;SB1;UPB4;MN110;SWT27;SWH18;MN255;
UNSPLT: SB0;FR0;MN110;SWT19;SWH18;MN255;

Each press of PF1 loops through the two macros:

CWSPLT - First press puts you in CW mode (MD3); second taps A>B twice (SWT25;SWT25) to copy VFO A to VFO B; third changes to VFO B transmit (FT1); fourth turns on dual watch (SB1); fifth tells you to go up 1 kHz (UPB4). Now comes the sequencing MN110 puts you into MENU mode and selects the MACRO x menu; SWT27 tells you to select Macro 2n (UNSPLT) and put it in play; SWH18 tells it to program to PF1; and MN255 exits MENU mode.

UNSPLT - SB0 changes transmit to VFO A; FR0 cancels split; MN110 enters MENU mode; SWT19 taps 1 to select MACRO 1 (CWSPLT); SWH18 programs it to PF1; and MN255 exits the MENU.

This could be done to program SSB splits (I guess 3 kHz?) too. Just change the MD and UPB appropriately.

Have fun.

73/72,
Joel - W4JBB
Choosing to operate simply with my barefoot KX3 #1479 for September 2014