I have an AL-811H amp that does that. I put a couple of bricks on the top of it when it was in use (now have KAP500) and that cured my AL-811H :-)

Phil W7OX

On 9/14/14, 6:58 AM, Barry wrote:
I have an Astron RS-70M that I use to power the station.  It on the carpeted
floor under a desk.  It's probably 30 years old now.  I've been inactive for
several months, so it's been off all summer.  Now when I turn it on, it has
an annoying, low-pitched audible hum.  All the screws are tight, though when
I press down on the top of the case, it goes away.  Any thoughts on how to
quiet it down?
Tnx,
Barry W2UP