My K2 will usually go down to 100mW, but it's a borderline power level and
pretty touchy.  When I go into the TUNE position, it will sometimes indicate
not enough power to make an SWR measurement.  I've found it more reliable
and accurate to set it at 1W, and use a 10dB pad on the output.  If you're
driving another stage with the K2, the 10dB pad will provide excellent
isolation and your K2 will never see more than a 2:1 SWR.  The only problem
is in the receive mode; you'll have to switch out the 10dB pad for best
receive performance.

Hope this answers your question.

73,
ed - k9ew