I don't know about, "an improvement in both engineering and quality", as I never faulted A&A for either.

That said, I know that my suggestion isn't what you're after for the moment but if you or others ever need higher current "smart chargers", look at Iota Engineering's products. I've replaced some RV RFI-generating battery chargers with Iota and found them to be not only better for the batteries, but essentially free from RFI.

Wes  N7WS