In the “small power supply” department, I recently grabbed a surplus unit on
sale at all electronics.com.  It measures a scant 1.5 x 3 x 12 (if you remove a
handle) and puts out 45 amps at 12VDC plus 3.1 amps at 3.3 VDC.

And the cost is only $24.  Downside:  probably produces too much RF noise to be
useful. I haven’t had a chance to test it yet, but it’s rated as ENC 55022
Class A, which basically means it’s not rated for residential use.  whether it
will work OK in a ham radio application remains to be seen. I’ll report more
when I know.  It’s designed to run rack mounted equipment.
It also requires some ingenuity in connecting its output to the station, since
it uses an output connector that is …ummm… unusual in the ham radio environment.

But if it works, it offers great bang for the buck.

see:

http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a-store/item/ps-2545/12-vdc-45a-3.3-vdc-3a-power-supply/1.html

Lew N6LEW