Good morning all

My hitherto bomb proof KPA500 has just failed.

I went to 40m SSB to chase some DX. I pre-tuned the KAT500 via the K3 tune
facility and then called the DX.

During the call, the KAT500 started its continuous retuning issue (I
thought that problem had been resolved but apparently not) and the KPA500
tripped out.

The DX station still heard me and I worked him with what proved to be about
25w.

I then tried to reset the KPA500 but it will not go into transmit in the
Operate position and simply passes through the 25w driving power from the
K3.

There was no bang, smoke or burning smell and the PA voltage is still there.

Before I delve into the manual, has anyone any ideas ?

Thanks

Barry  VK2BJ