Mark,

I have only ever had one issue with using my Mac on ELECRAFT files, and that
was when I failed to refresh the local caching.

I have quite routinely copied the "zip" files to my Mac desktop, and pointed
the KX3 or PX3 utility to those folders to install new firmware.

Cheers

Jim K8JK

Sent from my iPad