Hi John,

When you turn the NB on, you should see an "NB" icon in the upper-right corner.

The menu also has a setting for NB level, which you may need to adjust. In my
case I've assigned both NB and NB level to FN switches so I can change the
settings very quickly.

With the NB turned on, you will observe one of three things in the PX3's
displayed spectra:

1. No change (because any noise that's present is too low in amplitude to
activate the blanker)

2. A reduction in "jumping" of the display (because the NB is having a
beneficial effect on the noise)

3. An *increase* in "jumping" of the display (because the NB level is set too
aggressively)

Some experimentation with settings may be required. Note that the KX3 also has
an NB function, with a similar level adjustment, but noise that affects the
audible output of the KX3 may not affect the visual output of the PX3 and
vice-versa. Thus they are independent settings.

Wayne
N6KR