Hi Wayne,

Thanks very much for the additional information! Most of my guestimated values for the 2-band board seem to match those that were in the email you sent; the only ones I was way off on were C16 & C20.

I actually found a cheap source of fundamental 36MHz crystals. They're about $4.00 each, the only catch is they're surface-mount. I just solder leads on them and use them in the normal crystal mounting holes.

Yesterday I was at work most of the day with a lot of time to think and surf the net, and found one email that I'd missed in my earlier research: http://www.ac6rm.net/mailarchive/html/elecraft-list/2003-06/ msg00789.html

Based on that email, I reduced the value of RF-R11 from 82 ohms to 33 ohms. I now get up to almost 3 watts out on 10 meters. I'll have a go at adding the L-network at J7-P8 as described in the email you provided and see if that improves things any further.

I also went a little crazy last night with experimentation, and decided to have a shot at my 'ideal' 4-band filter board: 80 / 40 / 20 / 10 meters. I've got a design in mind to provide 4 separate low- pass filters, but it will mean some drastic surgery to the filter board, and I won't have room for the noise blanker any more. As it stands now, on the test bench, I have a full 5 watts output on 80, 40, and 20 meters, and 2 to 3 watts on 10 meters. The board's two existing low pass filters are set-up for 40 and 10 meters. So while I can currently listen on all four bands, I won't be transmitting on 80 or 20 just yet. The key for me though is, I know what is required, what the values are, and have a good idea how to lay it out physically, so basically I know it's possible.

Thanks again for the info and suggestions!

Happy holidays and 73 de
Stephanie Maks
va3uxb