From: Elecraft [mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Hugh
Valentine
Sent: Sunday, October 5, 2014 9:50 AM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] K3 HI RFI NO Power output. ATU.

Anybody Help??? Problem originated on 6M(affects all bands) when ATU was
being used to Tweak SWR from 2.4 to 1.0:1. ATU constantly moved up and down
tuning, never resting on 1.0:1Power output was intermittent(100W) would go
to zero then back to 100 as ATU was looking for match.  Then, HI SWR,  RFI
scrolls across screen as no power is coming out of K3.  Affects Ant 1 and
Ant 2 SO239s on back of chassis.  Affects with RX antenna unplugged.  Any
Band, any Mode.  Either VFO A or B.  Run both w/Antennas or Dummy Load.
Same result. Finally,  HI SWR, HI Cur, RFI scrolls across screen after power
goes above 12W.(Never shows ANY power on the LED screen, only one Bar each
time I transmit. Uploaded new Firmware and reset K3. On all bands...with or
without ATU(eventually uninstalled it) on any antenna or on Dummy Load,  Rig
shows Zero Power output as I go from 0-12.5 W then at any power over 12
Watts, the RX makes a variable warbling noise and normal receive is
bypassed.  After a few se  conds, the RX may come back on. I just installed
a K9AY RX system not too far from XMIT ant.  But have been using it all
bands no problem for 2 months. ATU always has difficulties matching low SWR
on 160 and 6M. Any suggestions as to what is gong on?Anyone experience this
before?  73ValN4RJ

delivered to alderm...@windstream.net