I found the problem, I think. It was not the power supply; I checked everything.

Here is what happened. I went into the menu on the KX3 and turned off the amp. I tried to break the radio using CW at 10 Watts; nothing happened. Next, I turned on the amp again and then tried to shut down again starting at 20 Watts and every 10 Watts after that; nothing happened. So I tried full power, 100 Watts, and still everything stayed up, no problem.

My hypothesis is this. Over time, something became corrupted in the software. By "resetting" the amplifier/radio connection, the software sorted itself out. I suspect it was really a timing problem that was created and then removed. Nothing ever happened in receive, but it started while running in CW at 20-25 WPM. SSB wasn't a problem until a few days ago, so it appeared to be getting worse. I was operating last night without a problem. I, therefore, declare the problem solved. However, if anyone with more insight into this has any information, I'd sure like to know about it.

73,
Barry
K3NDM