I would not expect the mfr to do more than list the model and S/N on equipment. Its easy enough for the individual to place a sticker inside the unit with his name/phone/address/call as much or little that one would want.

Also having your call letters ID on power-up is helpful, but most stolen stuff is sold without being turned on. Being able to tell the police to open a panel and find your ID is pretty positive proof of ownership. The thief is not likely to be looking for that. He will strip off any exterior tags.

Also just recording the S/N of all your valuables (making photos even better) is very helpful if something is stolen. Years ago I had a Ruger 44 revolver stolen and stupid me had not written down the S/N so I had nothing to give the police. Tracing thru the seller did not work as the gun club he bought it from had gone out of existence - thus no record. Have you a record of your car's vin number that is not inside the glove compartment or visor?

73, Ed - KL7UW

--------