> Also as I understand it Signalink does AFSK, so why
> does it appear to be working in DATA A. Does the Data A mode
> selection have something to do with the reduced power out?

AFSK A has a very narrow *transmit* filter on the Mark/Space tones to
prevent distortion and hum.  If the MARK in MMTTY is not the same as
the MARK in the K3 (Pitch), you will get no output.

As for DATA A, depending on the transmit filter, you can have as much
as 1 to 1.5 dB of passband ripple.  -1 dB is roughly 80W output for a
nominal 100W.

I strongly suggest making sure the MMTTY Mark and K3 PTICH are set
to the same frequency, that you turn NET ON in MMTTY, turn AFC OFF,
*TUNE WITH THE K3 VFO* while using AFSK A and carefully read both
the K3 Owners Manual and MMTTY help files.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV