If memory serves me right there is a ICM band between 10 and 11 meters that
would be a logical place for an welder.  Assuming they are using a power
oscillator the signal could be quite broad band and unstable just like a
microwave oven. It also sounds like a foreign design. I think a call to the FCC
is in order.

Fred, AE6QL