Trevor,

The reason K3 is no mounted until later is to allow more room for pulling
the wires through T2 and soldering the core and wires - but since you have
it already mounted, I would say that you should leave it in and work around
it carefully rather than risk damage by removing it.  OTOH, if you have a
good desoldering tool like the Hakko 808, removing it would be easier and a
prudent thing to do.

73,
Don W3FPR