John
You can send the PS0 command from HRD:
Macros>Display>CAT Comands ( PS0).
You will hear that the K3 audio stops and you can then switch OFF the K3 by
briefly shorting ACC pin 8 to ground.
I use GSM SMS to do that (and subsequently to switch OFF the PSU). An IP power
switch may be simpler, but I like to be able to switch everything OFF also if
my router goes dead.

One slight problem is that you need to be sure that pin8 has been grounded and
the K3 has been switched OFF before you switch OFF the PSU. I do that by very
carefully listening to the audio (Skype or IP-Sound). But in some cases there
may be some delay in delivery of SMS and it may be difficult to ensure that pin
8 has really been shorted ( and you may want to request the relay status by yet
another SMS!) But there is a very weak change in the audio noise level when
pin8 is pulled to ground and when you hear that you know you can safely switch
OFF the PSU.

If someone from Elecraft reads this, I suggest to include in a future firmware
upgrade something which makes the K3 audio make a beep when pin 8 is pulled
down and K3 switches OFF.

73
Paul/OZ4UN