Good afternoon (it's Sunday afternoon and 35 degrees C here)

Please see my email below - panic over !!

I trawled through the websites of various local computer and electronics
suppliers and found that Jaycar - a big Australian electronic parts
retailer with lots of branches - apparently had a USB to Serial convertor
that works with Windows 8 and 8.1.

So I just went and bought one and lo and behold it was absolutely plug and
play. The K3 and Windows 8.1 are playing happily together again.

Interestingly the convertor appears to have a Prolific chip as the Jaycar
website has a link (from the details of this particular item) to Prolific
where details of all the various Prolific chips are shown together with
their compatability with the various versions of Windows.

I am also forwarding this to the reflector in case any of my VK friends are
having similar problems.

73

Barry  VK2BJ