Ted, the best reference material on going SSB Mobile can be found below.

KØBG.COM

KØBG.COM
A Web Site For Mobile Amateur Radio Operators
View on www.k0bg.com Preview by Yahoo

((((73 )))) Milverton / W9MMS

On Thursday, October 30, 2014 10:26 PM, "Dauer, Edward" <eda...@law.du.edu>
wrote:

After a half-century of CW only I am about, at last, to try SSB.  The rig is a
KX3 operating from my car, into a Hustler mast with 15 and 20 meter resonators.
 For the moment the power supply is the car's cigar lighter; and the headset is
Elecraft's standard-issue Heil, which I own but have never used.  So, I am
looking for suggestions and advice.

One specific question:  I do not have a 'scope or any other equipment with
which to look at the transmitted waveform.  I expect to do some practical
experimentation; but are there good starting points for the mic and audio
settings, and whatever else, in order to get the most effective and cleanest
signal?

Another:  Is SSB mobile on HF with 5 or 10 watts going to be practical, or will
it just be frustrating? The plan - now that my life affords the time for it -
is to put some rare counties in CO, NM, AZ and WY on the air.

Suggestions, ideas, comments, imperatives, opinions - all are most welcome.

Tnx,

Ted, KN1CBR

Message delivered to tnny...@yahoo.com