Hi Jim,

The SPLIT command can be sent using the macro FTx; or SWH13;
FT1 turns SPLIT on
FT0 turns SPLIT off
SWH13 toggles SPLIT from off to on or from on to off

If you do not have the DVR module in your K3 you can assign the M1 through M4 buttons (both tap and hold) as macro senders. In this way you are not limited to the PF1 and PF2 buttons. I use M2 through M4 to send SPLIT and SUB RX commands to the K3.

And of course if you have a PC logging program running you should be able to set up macros from your PC keyboard. I have two macros that I use on my PC keyboard while running WriteLog that cause actions to occur on both my K3 and P3. One macro uses the F12 button and the other macro uses the * button on the numeric keypad.

73,
Mike K2MK

[Elecraft] [K3] Programmable/assignable Split Key?

Jim Miller Wed, 05 Nov 2014 15:40:21 -0800

At one time there was mention of making the Split (Hold A>B) key assignable
to a macro. The use of this and the various Toggle macros would free up the
PF1 and PF2 keys I currently have assigned to Copy Filters/Split/Up1 etc.

Did this ever come to pass?

73
jim ab3cv