The intermod is generated in the T/R switch, which is before the RX IN/OUT circuitry, so putting a filter in the loop won't help. It must be between the T/R switch and the antenna, which means it has to be able to handle transmitter power.

There is a T/R switch in the KPA100 and one in the driver stage (which is the final in the QRP K3). Possibly the two T/R switches behave differently.