Thanks, Gary. I will study up on this. With my really hip (and very effective)
headphones, the difference is quite pronounced. I too have always gotten “great
audio” comments using the Heil with my about-to-be-sold TS-480HX and TS-480SAT,
and I would run pretty full on compression in as full a fidelity as the unit
would produce. It was often described as “punchy” and would always push through
a pile-up. I fully get the idea that in major contesting, fidelity is not the
concern — you wanna be heard. But can’t ya have it both ways without sounding
“thin” and “tin-ee.”

David A., KC0XT