-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Rolf
Sent: Friday, December 30, 2005 2:54 PM
To: Elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] Frozen K2

    Hi again,

    I have told you that my K2 #4979 has worked fine until it
    suddenly appears to be dead. When powered on the display
    first shows ELECRAFT then 7100.00 in CW mode and that
    a constant sound hears.

    I just talked to a friend here in Stockholm about it. He has
    built two K2s and his theory is that the rig is stuck in transmit
    and that the audio is the side tone. That explains why it only
    responds to the power knob.

    So what, if any, can be done about this?

    Best 73s

    Rolf   SM0YQC
    Stockholm, Sweden