Lower case for kilo and hecto might have been chosen to avoid collisions with
fundamental and derived units: K is Kelvin, H is Henries. Of course, micro
collides with m (meters), but Mega was already taken.

Just a guess.

I’m hoping we never have to deal with a TT (teraTesla). Well, that might happen
in a star.

wunder
K6WRU
CM87wj