On Wed,11/19/2014 9:21 AM, Vic Rosenthal 4X6GP/K2VCO wrote:
400 Hz, 1.0 kHz and 2.8 kHz. Usually the 400 Hz is in use. Why?

I was wondering if what you are hearing is the result of overload of the DSP. I do most contesting with a Ten Tec Titan. Although it does very good QSK, I've also had the experience of vacuum relay failures during a contest, so when I'm using it, I don't use QSK. I do use QSK in 100W contests like NAQP, and I don't remember the sort of issue you describe. Of course, other signals are 15 dB weaker too. :)

I have the 8-pole 250 Hz filter, and have it engaged most of the time for CW contesting. On the lower HF bands, I usually have the Atten engaged and the preamp off. On the higher bands, Atten is off and Preamp is usually on.

73, Jim K9YC