Thanks, David. Wish you were next door and we could compare OTA, which is,
admittedly probably the best way. But I will try KK7P’s suggestion to DVR a
clip and then play it back (repeated below). I have no doubt that the KX3
produces superior audio, and I’m experimenting with that as I get to know the
rig. I have learned also (by just using this list) that there are abundant
opinions and preferences about audio quality and parameters (moderator just
began laughing loudly). For me, my monitor using a Heil 5.1 Gold Elite in its
broader mode (it has two two modes) sounded less crisp than OTA S9+ copy. So
I’m experimenting with that mich and with the Elecraft MH3. Thanks for
comparing notes. 73’s.

David Ahrendts, KC0XT, LA

KK7P, Lyle:  "Note that the KX3 has a great tool for adjusting Tx EQ and CMP.
Record your voice using the DVR, then play it back using MON. Adjust Tx EQ and
CMP and play back the sample and you will be able to hear what your signal will
sound like to the other station. Doing this "live" with a microphone is not
nearly as effective due to bone conduction of your voice to your ears."