From: Don Wilhelm [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, December 31, 2005 7:32 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; 'Elecraft List'
Subject: RE: [Elecraft] OT - troubleshooting NIR-12

Jamie,

If the diode is in series with the power line (as a reverse voltage
protection diode), and if the unit is being fed with a positive voltage, the
anode lead should be connected toward the +12 volt supply side.  Since you
said there was voltage on the cathode but none on the anode, it would seem
to me that the diode may be installed backwards - and that would produce the
result you are observing.

73,
Don W3FPR