On 11/26/2014 3:48 PM, Ken G Kopp wrote:

> The clocks here are SkyScan's from Walmart.  They can be set to display
> either 12 or 24 hour formats.  The BR  clock ... with large 7-segment (red)
> display ... is from Radio Scrap and can also be either format.

Unless things have changed in clock design in the past 2 or 3 years,
"WWVB" clocks don't sync here.  I suspect not enough signal in a
ground-floor frame building even on the wall facing south.

I have investigated an ethernet-synced digital wall clock and they
aren't cheap by any means, well into three figures for a single-color
one displaying HH:MM:SS readable across the room.  My dream would be one
with normal yellow color that turned red during the 15-18 minute and
45-48 minute parts of each hour and green during the 0-3 minute and
30-33 minute parts of each hour.  Any old shipboard brass pounders will
recall why! :)

73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane
T2-00000208
Elecraft K2/100   s/n 5402