I like the Vibroplex straight keY--it's smooth.  For paddles, the Brass Racer
paddle (also Vibroplex, both current production).  If you get the Bug bug, buy
an older Vibroplex bug with the "I" style damper, and a Vari-Eze (bar style) to
slow it down.  You can send perfect code from 11wpm up.  The Champion and
Lightning models had the old"I" damper.  You can then extend the Vari-eze
straight out the rear of the bug.  You can't do that with newer-style dampers.
The Viz Vertical is also a great bug that can be slowed down--just ask Tom to
make you a double-length weight, and extend it up beyond the damper peg.  Some
will tell you to buy these brass weights sold for another use, or just use
solder.  These have never worked for me.  If you add too much weight, it screws
up your timing--you need the longer arm.

Just please do not become one of the many lids who send at 13wpm with their
bugs making 30wpm dits.  Ewww!  And keep your contacts clean to avoid that
awful scratchy sound

I'm happy to work a QRS sked on the air with you on CW anytime.

73

Eric WD6DBM