I spent a bunch of time and effort setting up my K3 for PSK and RTTY - with only mediocre success - followed by setting up the same K3 with my Signalink USB - also with questionable results. I followed many threads here - reading some really good information and a few insults. I did not become part of the threads due to the latter.

The biggest problem I had was going from digital back to SSB. I always had to keep a list of the menu changes needed. Generally, I operate 95% SSB and the rest on digital or CW. Hence, it was not worth my time to switch back and forth. It was too complicated.

Instead, I now run the Signalink USB with my TS-480. Set the Signalink up for the 480 and got the wire to plug it into the 480. Then I made a couple of quick settings on the Signalink and all is good. Now when I want to do digital - I turn the 480 on, turn the Signalink on, set mode to USB and select the frequency - no other changes to anything. Power output is controlled by drive from the Signalink (I just know someone is going to ask). When I want to change back to voice - I pick up the mic and talk - no changes to anything.

Now I can leave the K3 alone and not disturb all my menu settings that optimize my SSB operation. Probably not the answer anyone is looking for - but, it sure works for me.