I run a full K-Line - K3, P3, KPA500 and KAT500, and I have a bit of an
issue with the procedure for tuning the KAT500 with the KAT500 in Operate.
Here is the situation:

With the KPA500 in Standby, I tune the KAT500 by first pushing the Tune
button on the K3 to apply 20w of drive, and then follow by pushing the  Tune
button on the KAT500.  Once the KAT500 has tuned, I then inactivate  the
drive from the K3 and switch the KPA500 into Operate.  No problem  at all with
this.

Occasionally when operating with the KPA500, I need to retune the  KAT500.
So, I must switch the KPA into Standby, and the retune the  KAT.

Here is what I would like:  With the KPA in Operate, hit the K3's Tune
button and have the KPA "automatically" go into Stadby so the KAT  can be
tuned.  And, then, following the tune cycle, have the KPA  automatically revert
back to Operate once the K3's tuning has been  inactivated.

Is there a procedure for this, or could a macro be built to do  this?  Or
could this be incorporated into a firmware upgrade?

I'd be interested in knowing if automating the Operate/Standby  function of
the KPA500 has been discussed previously

Tnx & 73, Geo...

George  Wagner, K5KG
Sarasota, FL
941-400-1960  cell