Thanks to Bill and Matt for their prompt and helpful replies.  I should
have mentioned that I think I need an external box type of sound
card/interface, and preferably one that can use the I and Q outputs from
the KX3.  The reason is that I am already plugged into the audio jack on my
computer with the output from the SDR.  My computer is a MAC Mini, which
has no means of accepting additional internal cards like the PC.

BTW -- I'm really enjoying my MAC. It runs OS X 10 - Yosemite and also
Windows7/64 bit.  I have the Parallels10 program that runs both O/S's at
the same time. I am able to run ham apps on Windows that I cannot fine for
the MAC.

73 all,

Dave, K4TO