My KAF2 has been working fine in my K2 for some years, not that I
actually use it that much. Today I came into the shack to find no audio
coming out of the K2 and when I tried to change the AFIL settings it
said 'not installed'. I cannot change the RTC menu settings either.

I have moved S1 on the KAF2 to bypass it and all is working fine so it
seems there is a fault on the KAF2. The manual suggests this is a fault
with the microcontroller, which of course it may well be, but are there
any other known causes? I did think of the backup battery but not sure
if this would cause issues outside the RTC, it measures just over 3V so
a bit down.

73 Dave G3YMC

http://davesergeant.com