In a message dated 1/2/2006 1:15:15 PM Mountain Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

compromised operating situation "Kixie" (the KX1) was designed  for

I use mine in my den next to my TV chair and hooked up to my Windom.  I can
listen and have QSO's while my wife and I enjoy our "quality" time  together
watching TV (she does her quilting at the same time). The 80 Meter  option will
certainly add to the flexibility of this fine piece of equipment in  my
"secondary" shack. Thanks to all at Elecraft, and may 2006 be even more
profitable
for you than 2005 thereby enabling all of us to enjoy this wonderful  hobby
even more...72/73, Ci

Ci Jones,  WU7R
FISTS #10789
NAQCC #306