Check for something arcing in the antenna system at higher power. This would be
something that heats
up before the arcing starts, like maybe a grounding RF choke on a vertical or
something similar. The
worst feedline component for this is the cheap right-angle UHF adapter. The
center conductors are not
well made, and will bend and arc to the shell over time. This usually is a
problem at powers higher than
the KXPA puts out, but it can still happen.

We see a lot of these, and it is rarely something in the ATU, although that is
a possibility. This is also
_very_ difficult to track down since it is usually inside something in the
antenna system and thus well
hidden. You would be looking for the tell-tale signs of slightly charred or
smoked markings.

What are the antennas in use for both bands?

- Jack B, W6FB