I'm not sure that my gripe is "on the list", although I've mentioned it several times in other postings.

So maybe Elecraft can take this as a PIP (Performance Improvement
Proposal/Program).

The memory management in the K3 is, to be kind, awful.

Things one believes are written to memory aren't. A really pet peeve is using the M1-M4 to save per-mode settings on each band. For example CW, SSB, AFSK A and DATA A. If I set preferred BW for AFSK A of 400 HZ and store it in M4 and set 2 KHz for DATA A and store it in M3, then immediately recall M4, the BW will be what I just saved in M3. In other words, the BW isn't really saved despite the manual saying, "The K3 has 100 general-purpose memories (00-99), plus per-band memories (M1-M4 on each band). Each memory holds VFO A and B frequencies, modes, filter presets, antenna selection, and other settings...."

The manual goes on to say, "Memories 00-09 are quick memories, accessible with just two switch taps. These could be used to get to a starting point in each of 10 ham bands." Not even close. If I use the Memory Editor software to set frequencies and modes in the memories, the best that can be said is that you will get the band changed. The frequencies will be whatever they were the last time you were on that band.

So could we please have a firmware change that makes memories actually remember---and recall---what was stored in them? My 13 year, at the time I acquired the K3, Kenwood TS-870 did this flawlessly.

Wes  N7WS